2014年3月25日星期二

Veruschka: Beauty isn't everything

(Image:mermaid prom dresses uk)
Veruschka thinks models need to have personality to succeed in fashion.
Veruschka says you need to have personality in the fashion world.
The former catwalk star, born Vera von Lehndorff, redefined modelling when she rose to prominence in the 1960s.
The German beauty was scouted as a teenager in Florence, but hit the big time when she moved to New York in her early twenties.
"They expect you to be beautiful so you have to also have personality," Veruschka explained to British magazine Grazia, reflecting on her early years in fashion.
In her new memoir From Vera to Veruschka, the former model looks back on her successful career.
After working steadily as a model, Veruschka was cast in Michelangelo Antonioni's iconic 1966 movie Blow-Up.
Her small cameo, playing a model, launched Veruschka's career worldwide, despite only uttering three words on screen: "Here I am".
"I still can't believe it. I had one sentence," she exclaimed. "The phone was ringing all the time. I didn't like it."
Her slender frame has been cited for changing the body shape that designers of the day desired, but Veruschka admits this came about accidently.
"I wasn't that skinny. But before filming Blow-Up, I'd been in Mexico and got an infection in my stomach. I lost so much weight."
She went on to grace the cover of Vogue 11 times, working with fashion editor Diana Vreeland on numerous occasions.
"Vreeland was fantastic. So full of fire," she remembered.
Now 74, Veruschka is still in demand and makes occasional catwalk appearances.
She walked for British designer Giles Deacon in 2010 and recreated one of her former pictures for a Vogue shoot in 2009, helmed by Grace Coddington.
Many have referred to her as the Kate Moss of her day, a comparison that doesn't faze the legendary model.

"I know Kate Moss - I like her. We both know our power," she smiled.Also read here:red prom dresses

没有评论:

发表评论