2014年6月15日星期日

Fashion students put on a stylish show for shoppers

(Image:black prom dresses)
Underwater creatures were the inspiration for one young fashion student whose designs were showcased in the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre.
A catwalk stage was erected so that the work of New College Nottingham students could be shown off on Friday and Saturday.
Haleema Naseer stood out from the crowd with her brightly-coloured 'Exotic Glamour' collection, which was inspired by a trip to Birmingham's Sea Life Centre.
The 18-year-old said: "All of the colours came from underwater sea creatures. The orange came from the jellyfish and the green from the fish.
"I then created the stitching pattern to make it look like scales and added the lace to give the glamour element."
Haleema said she knew she wanted to work in the creative industry from a young age.
"My collection is designed to show what fashion is all about. It's wild catwalk clothing.
"I've always felt that fashion is really me and it's the thing that I've always wanted to do."
She is going to Nottingham Trent University in September to study Fashion Design.
"I'm really excited about going to university," said Haleema, from Carlton.
"I went to Graduate Fashion Week last year, and as soon as I saw the students and their designs I knew that I wanted that to be me."
Fellow students Tori Weaving and Sophie Mogridge were also among the fashionistas showing off their work.
Tori, 20, from Gloucester, was influenced by the centenary of World War One for her 'Protected' collection.
Her designs featured military-style jackets in structured fabrics.
"I wanted my designs to look like armour. I chose to produce jackets as I wanted the collection to stand out and be different," she said.
"I first realised I wanted to work in fashion from studying textiles at school. I've found a new passion in pattern cutting since going to NCN.
"I now have big dreams of opening my own business."
Sophie brought harem trousers and jump-suits back to the catwalk.
The 21-year-old, who lives in Forest Fields, named her collection Mythical Ripple after being inspired by Greek mythology.
She said: "I looked at a lot of mosaics and fabric draping for my designs.
"I'll be going to UCA in Rochester soon to study fashion design. I'm really excited."
NCN is still looking to recruit for its fashion courses starting in September.For more information:white short prom dresses uk

没有评论:

发表评论